Purchase Order receipt date

Is there a way to make Navision save the “actual receipt date” for items received against purchase orders, even before an invoice is received? There are several related fields in the Purchase Line table (Expected Receipt Date, Requested Receipt Date, Planned Receipt Date, etc.), but I can’t find a place to put the actual date received.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

The “Actual Receipt Date” is actually the same as the Posting Date for you Receipt.

That means that you store that date in the “Purch. Rcpt. Header” table. There is no such field on the Purchase Header table as you might have more than one delivery on the same purchase order.

Thanks for the quick response, Ernst.

I should have included a bit more information in my original posting, I guess. I’ve found what I need in the ‘Purch. Rcpt. Header’ table for some receipts. But the system only creates a receipt document for inventoried items, and even then only when an invoice is entered. (Or so it seems.)

What I’m looking for is a way to determine which items were received during a specified period of time, but not yet invoiced.

If you posts the receipts (not invoice) then it will also create a “Purch. Rcpt. Header” record. Also for non item lines. You have this option only from the Purchase Order form, not from the Purchase Invoice. So you need to create them as Purchase Orders, not Purchase Invoices.

We can’t figure out how to create a receipt document (“Purch. Rcpt. Header”) for purchase order receipts that don’t go to inventory. Is there a field on the P/O form that we’re missing, or a setup option somewhere?

Sorry I called you Ernst before, Erik. I didn’t look closely enough a the name on the message.

This is the important part. Can you check if you have “Receipt on Invoice” ticked in the Purchase & Payables Setup.

“Receipt on Invoice” is not ticked. If it were, would we get “Purch. Rcpt. Header” records generated for every receipt?

Yes, if you are doing straight invoices - try it out in a test company.

I’m not sure what you mean by “straight invoices”, but I have a feeling that we’re not doing them. We’re trying to track receipts made against purchase orders. The receipts are entered before an invoice is received, so I think there’s no way to generate receipt documents for them.

Hi Geof,

What I mean is doing an invoice directly. Posting a receipt from a purchase order should automatically create a receipt. Can you check if the posting routine has been customised ( codeunit 90 ). Also what version are you running?

Dave,

We’re running version 4.00 (I’m not sure whether it’s SP2 or SP3) and Codeunit 90 has not been modified from the standard install.

Hi Geof,

This is puzzling as the standard is to post a receipt header. I have looked through the posting code and cannot see anything obvious. The condition for inserting in the code is

IF Receive THEN
IF (“Document Type” = “Document Type”::Order) OR
((“Document Type” = “Document Type”::Invoice) AND PurchSetup.“Receipt on Invoice”)

which should do all all orders and invoices when .“Receipt on Invoice” is ticked.

The best way forward is to follow the code using the debugger.

I’ll give that a try. Thanks, Dave, for all your advice.