Purchase credit Memo Problem

Dear Concern
I m having NAV 4.0 SP3 SQL DB,When I posting Purchase Credit Memo then it takes approx. 1Minute per line to post (SQL DB) and all functionalities except this is running fine but I do this process (Same DB) in native DB with same no. of lines then it is running smoothly. Whats the problem? I didnt understand?

My DB size is 25 GB and Database used is 22 GB (shows 81%), in Transaction Log File tab(in Alter database window) size of log file is 15450 (MB) and Unrestricted Growth is tick and recovery model is simple and Auto shrink is tick.

Did you make any customization in the posting process?

Activate the Client Monitor and see in which point you experience the problem. There are two points I’ve noted: dimensions and item posting (FIND(’-’) instead of FINDFIRST and FIND(’+’) instead of FINDLAST in the applying function of codeunit 22), but the performance problems must be seen in detail.

Marco

Do not tick Autoshrink! It slows down the performance!

Marco

Vikram

Size of Log file seems quite high, more than 75 % of total size.

And you should increase the database size as 81% usage is bit higher.

Use “SQL Profiler” for analysing the code which is taking long time in processing.

Dear concern

Can u please tell how can I use “SQL profiler”? I dont know anything about “SQL Profiler”.

Dear Concern

I have activated Client Monitor but I havent found any thing in that.If therse is any problem in code then how it is working fine Native DB.Can u please help me.?

If you are using SQL Server2005, then in SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) go to Tools>> SQL Profiler (or Database Tunning Advisor).

One SQL Profiler window opens , go to File>> New Trace and do your all activities related to Purchase Credit Memo. SQL Profiler will record the activities done by you and the time taken, from there you can find out what is slowing your system.

You may think SQL Profiler as equivalent to Client Monitor of NAV.

For more info about SQL Profiler, do a bit googling…

Dear Bansal

We r using SQL 2008 how can we do in it?All activities related to Purchase Credit memo will be done in Navision?

Dear Bansal

Log files size is incresed by us(Firstly its size is 100 MB then we have incresed it upto 15000MB).Can be there any problem in future?

For SQL Server 2008 also you need to do same. and yes activities related to Purchase Credit memo will be done in Navision.

I mean do the activities (Credit memo related) in NAV, Once you are done with credit memo then stop the SQL profiler and you may like to export its data in excel and analyse.

Dear Bansal

Log files size is incresed by us(Firstly its size is 100 MB then we have incresed it upto 15000MB).Can be there any problem in future?

I am not sure about it, so can’t comment on it.

Dear Bansal

I think that there is problem in any key.It can be?

Did you use SQL Profiler?

Yes, the problem can be because of not using proper key for sorting.

Sometimes using “SETCURRENTKEY” and specifying a key for sorting can optimize the process.