Properties

I’d like to be able to enter an expression in certain properties (editable, visible, etc) so we won’t have to use code to prevent fields from being changed. I.e. a table contains the following fields : Customerno., Itemno. and discount. I create a tableform that includes all these fields and it will be called from the itemcard and the customer card with the appropriate filters. In the visible property of the customer-textbox, I’d like to enter the expression ‘getfilter(“Customerno.”) = ‘’’, and on the visible property of the itemno. I’d like to enter ‘getfilter(“Itemno.”) = ‘’’ so the approriate fields are visible when the form is opened. Now we have to do this in 8 lines of code in the OnOpenForm() trigger of the form. I’d also like to be able to select multiple controls and be able to set the properties they have in common. Ever created a report with lots of fields on it, and then changed all the labels’ vertical alignment to ‘center’? There has to be a better way to do this. Dennis van Es PerCom: Research & Development BV The Netherlands

I agree on both counts. While we wait for Navision to catch up, I;ve found that setting the properties for multiple controls on a report or a form is much easier to do in a text editor than it is in Navision! -jp