Production Picking List Journal - fetching batch no automatically

Hi,

We are doing subcontracting production orders in AX system.

Set up we are using –

1. We create subcon production order of Vendor Type

2. In the production parameters → Production Creaetion : Restervation = Start

3. Production order → Update → Start, set up is Automatic route consumption = Never, removed tick from post route card nor. Automatic BOM Consumption = Never, Post Picking list tick on. For the reference please check below screen shot.

We are facing some problems while doing the same.

Problem is in the respective production orders ,
1)when picking list journal gets created (automatic creation of picking list journal from purchase packing slip) then automatic fetching of batch no.s is not happening.
Some times in the batch no selection ie drop down window showing 0 (zero) qty Available physical lines also. For reference please check below screen shot.
2) Some times in the picking list journals get created with auto batch no.s with few items and remaining with no batch no. In such case end user have to select batch no.
3) Sometimes whole picking list journal creates with auto fetching for batch no and get posted also – this is ok but not happening daily.
4) Sometimes it takes FIFO wise batch no.s but with available physical 0(zero) qty.

Can Anybody help me?

The referenced screen shots are not present.

what do you mean? Do you want screen shots also then please give me your email id, I will email you in detail.

You post states “See screen shot for reference” - so you have missed off the references you want us to reference.

Upload the screen shot to a post for all to see.

1. In the production parameters → Production Creaetion : Restervation = Start

2. Production order → Update → Start, set up is Automatic route consumption = Never, removed tick from post route card nor. Automatic BOM Consumption = Never, Post Picking list tick on. For the reference please check below screen shot.

So when do you create the pick list and how? Manually? Is reservation on then? What are teh dimension controls on your item and the settings? Any modifications as this happens sporadically?

Hello!

• I have done same setp 3) - please give me screen shot.

Vendor type production order, when Packing Slip from Purchase Order gets post at the same time respective production order’s picking list journal gets created automatically. Dimension control for items are - site, warehouse, location, batch no. Modification means? I didn’t get - Any modifications as this happens sporadically?

Production picking lists NEVER get created without you telling it what to do - actually look at the start parameters of the production order.

Have you made any customisations?

My questions related to the sections I have quoted from you - I do not have to supply a screen shot, the issue is yours [:D]

Vendor type production order ie subcontracting is customization done for us from our partner. That’s why vendor type production order generates pikcing list journal after posting of packing slip (purchase). This is linked up in the production order → BOM → Reference tab page, sub asly charges item of service type displays purchase order no. In the respective purchase order → lines → other tab page, referance no will display respective production order.

Ah [:D] Okay so you have customized the process and are experiencing problems. I can only suggest you speak to your partner, because the customization is impacting on what you want to achieve. If the customization auto generates teh pick on receipt and it does not pick the batch you can look no further than your customization.

okay! thanks for your reply. I will communicate further with my partner.