Production order start date

Hi , i would like to know how i can setup the system to be able to manage properlly my dates on multiple production orders that have several boms levels and which should start at a specific time and specific order
For example, I am planning a child production order ( level 2) that ends on a specific date , I would like the system to suggest a logical start date of the parent production order ( level 1).

Hi, taty!

If you have a (marking) reference between the Production orders you can choose ‘Schedule references’ option when scheduling a Production order.

If you don’t have marking reference between parent/child orders then you can set up Master scheduling to generate delay and action messages based on pegging information. These messages can suggest you postponing/advancing orders. Although, typically this would be based on demand orders’ requirement dates, meaning system can suggest you to advance the child order instead of postponing the parent based on the child. This depends when the downstream demand is required. But in the end system tries to give you realistic schedule considering all the dependencies.

You could also try to select all the Production orders in the structure (if known) and schedule them at same run. This way you can tell the system in which sequence you want to schedule them (child first). There are some scheduling direction options you can try, such as ‘Forward from previous job’ or ‘Forward from scheduling date’ but you might as well have to select other parameters like ‘Finite material’ for this to work.