Production order getting reserve for specific sales order

Hi ,

I am working on one integration project where requirement is RAF quantity should go to quarantine warehouse only when require .(When Pre-shipment flag is Yes at the time data from floor system is coming)

As per standard AX either we can have 100% quarantine or No Quarantine .

If through customization we need quarantine order then in this case system is reserving production order quantity for specific sales order (Using Master planning and marking as standard and need sales order reference ) and system is not allowing to create quarantine order because all RAF quantity is getting reserve .

Now I need to remove reservation manually and then can able to create quarantine . If i use update marking then reference of sales order is getting remove but I need sales order reference but no reservation .

If need customization then also suggest simple possible way .

Thanks in advance

Hi ,

Requirement is simple .

Production order should not get reserved for sales order even sales order reference is on production order

No, this is not possible in AX. Only if the marking exists between production order and a sales order then only you will be able to see a sales order reference on production order.

The problem with the customization is what if a single Production order gets generated for multiple sales orders?(if your master planning parameters are set in this way).

I believe your production order will have a reference of planned order. If you trace back your planned order, I think you will get to see the sales order numbers. Check with your developer. If this works, you can have this as a menu item from your production order. Hope it helps.

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply . As per our requirement one sales order will hence one production order .

Now production order having reference of sales order and due to this RAF quantity is getting reserved . So I am not able to create quarantine order if requirement is coming from floor system .

Problem Statement: Manual quarantine order is not getting generated, in case pre shipment flag is yes, because the production order is reserved for sales order.

Possible resolutions: As I have tried earlier, automatic generation of quarantine order is possible, even if the production order is reserve, provided the Quarantine management check box is marked true in Inventory model group.

So we can go like this.

1. Quarantine management checkbox by default will be marled false for FG items, as in major of the cases automatic quarantine order generation is not required.

2. In case the preshipment flag is coming Yes from Floor system, then in those cases only, we have to somehow (through some customization) have to call the Std AX automatic quarantine order generation routine.

Shivran,

This is what the suggestion from my end.

I believe your production order will have a reference of planned order. If you trace back your planned order, I think you will get to see the sales order numbers. Check with your developer. If this works, you can have this as a menu item from your production order. Hope it helps.

Hi ,

If I remove marking then system will also remove sales order reference of Production order .

Tracing will not possible if we remove reservation .

Thanks