Production Deviations

This is a basic question regarding process to handle Production Deviations.

We have two scenarios for deviations:

1. Customer wants extra parts or parts removed from the product (extra line cords or batteries)

2. Design issue demands a product deviation, temporary build process or part replacement, until a permanent solution can be implemented.

Our Process:

1. For situation #1 we pull the standard BOM and then do manual stock transfers to correct inventory

2. For situation #2, production will build to the deviation and do manual stock transfers to fix the inventory.

Is there better ways to handle production deviations?

1. Why not create a pick list on the order for the differences?

2. Why do you not have a new BOM Version? It does not need to be active, just copy the existing, alter it and manually select it.

1. Where would I find the order picking list? I think I understand how this would help if I wanted to add items but can it work for removing an item in the sub-assembly, like a battery? I will search the AX documentation for Pick list

2. Can I create a production order for a BOM Version that is not Active?

Thank you for the reply - I understand the BOM Versions but not the Pick list so any additional instructions on how to change the Pick list would be apprectiate.

1). The pick list is created against the WO assuming you are not auto posting, you can create a new one, look under journals.

1. Yes

Hi Adam,

Is there an automatic way to create production order for different BOMs of a product.

Make that bom line type ‘Production’ in bom line in bom line type

Yes with Product Builder or configuration BOM’s