product variants

Does n1 have step wise guide to import “Product Variants” in ax 2012 through excel add ins.

Here is an article

Dear Kranthi,

Thanks for replying ,

I am using the same link as you provided in earlier post .

I have imported following tables sequentially ,

EcoResProduct

EcoResProductIdentifier

EcoResProductTranslation

EcoResProductMaster

EcoResProductDimensionGroupProduct

EcoResStorageDimensionGroupProduct

EcoResTrackingDimensionGroupProduct

EcoResProductMasterColor

EcoResProductMasterSize

EcoResProductInstanceValue

InventTable

InventDim

I have successfully imported above tables sequentially , some tables are not mentioned here as i was getting errors while importing those tables,

so could you plz mention the mandatory tables which I must have to import apart from the tables I have imported as above for variants.

Thanks,

(Mayur)

EcoResProductVariantColor, EcoResProductVariantSize…

EcoResColor, EcoResSize…

EcoResDistinctProductVariant.

InventDimCombination

For more information, see Item-Product data management framework in AX 2012

BTW, why cannot you use the DMF/DIXF, it has many out-of-box entities(variant is one among them).

If you have the DMF installed, look at Queries\DMFProdcutVariantTargetEntity

Classes\DMFProductVariantEntityClass

Yeah… many of the technicals suggested me to use DMF but I am instructed by my superior to use only excel add in NOT DMF dats y I cant use it.

as u guided i used the table " EcoResProductVariantColor " bt m getting the error .

I am sending the screen shot of my excel sheet and the status after I say publish to it .

in ProductVariants.ProductNumber field i am writing my product no. as PR0035.(Here nly some error ,i think i have to write some thing else.)

You need EcoResDistinctProductVariant as well. Look at the data model diagram in the white paper Item-Product data management framework in AX 2012

I would like to thanks " Mr. Kranthi " sir for helping and guideing me to import variants .

variants sucessfulyy imported[:D]