Problem with using 2 licenses on 2 databases

My client has a license problem. They are using Navision 5.0 with a SQL 2008 database. The system is pan Europe and they use 2 databases on the 1 database server due to language code page issues. They therefore have 2 licenses one for each database.

The problem is that somehow the system is now only using one license. The maximum number of concurrent users on both databases is limited by only one license. Only one NAS user can log in when previously 2 NAS users were running. I don’t know how this happended but I would like to de-install licenses and then re-import the correct licenses linked to the appropriate database.

Has anyone got any ideas firstly how one license can be working across 2 databases? Microsoft claimed this could not be done hence the client bought an additional license due to code page issues.

Also, how can I de-install the license and try re-importing the 2 licenses linking to the right databases?

Many thanks

You need to have the granule “License Per Database” added to your license. This lets you run multiple databases on the same server. If you can’t do that then you’ll have to move one of the databases to a different server (or maybe SQL instance, never tried that one).

Thanks Matt - however both licenses do have Per Database License.

Do you know a way of removing the licenses so that I can try importing the licenses again?

You should first get rid of license, stored in Master database. (this is Table dbo.$ndo$srvproperty in Master).

Then, when you will Upload the licenses to DBs, these will be stored in respective databases, not Master - at least it SHOULD behave so, if you have 2020 Lic.per DB granule.
Presence of 2020 Lic.per DB granule determines, where license is stored - in Master, common to all DBs on that server, or in DB itself, applying to only that one DB.

File, Database, Alter. On the Integration tab, put a checkmark in the “Save license in database” field. Click OK. Then, Tools, License Information, and hit the Upload button (the Import button does not actually improt the license in a SQL Server database, it places the license in the NAV client folder). Browse to your license and click OK. The license should now be saved inside the database itself.

DenSter you are a saint! That’s fixed it.

You’re welcome Maximus. I would hardly call myself a saint, but I will be rooting for the New Orleans Saints to win the Superbowl next weekend :slight_smile:

Thanks DenSter !!!

My pleasure Asharaf :slight_smile: