Problem with Importing Vendor (1099 Code)

Hi everyone,
I work with Nav. 5. I am trying to import Vendor’s data through Excel.
First, I export blank file from Nav. 5 to Excel, than in Excel I fill it with data. When I try to import it back to Nav. 05 I see a message:

/This message if for C/AL programmers:
The call to member selectSingleNode failed.msxml6.dll returned the following message: Expression must evaluate to node-set.
–>1099<–Code/
The strange thing is that when I am doing it to import Customers I have no problems with importing.

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you in dvance for any help

Hello !
Did you ever get a solution to this problem? I have this same issue with the Vendor Table, and have also seen similar postings on the Microsoft Business Solutions online community (mibuso.com), with no solution.
In NAV 5.0, I tried the simplest Export / Import possible for the Vendor table into Excel:
-Vendor Code
-Vendor Name

Re-importing the Excel file results in the error listed at the top of this thread. During RIM’s translation of Excel into XML, it finds a tag beginnig with a number (a no-no in XML), so it gives the error. However, the “1099” Tax field is unchecked, so it should be ignored by RIM.
It seems RIM is looking at this field during the translation of Excel into XML, even though it is left unchecked for Export/Import.

Are there any patches or workarounds to import Vendor Table data using RIM?

Thanks.

A quick workaround is renaming the field, but leaving its original captions. The “1099” is not a valid XML element name, and during import the migration looks at all fields.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav/archive/2008/10/17/rim-tool-on-5-0-sp1.aspx

I know this is old but… ran into it with a client today.

See issue #2