Problem while installing web server components for business central

Hello Team

I’ve installed Business central on-premise. I’m trying to install web server components too but receiving the following error:

Web Server Components
IIS prerequisites for Web Server Components
An error has occurred while trying to install required dependencies for Web Server components.
For more information about the error, see the %TMP%\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.WebClient.DependencyInstaller.log file.
For more information about how to install Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Web client, see the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Help.

I gone back and installed IIS URL Rewrite Module\rewrite_2.0_rtw_x64 which is a IIS prerequisites for Web Server Components but still no luck.

By the way I’m using "Windows 10 home edition. Does web server component is supported for Windows 10 home edition? Just curious to know on how to access web client if that is the case?

Is there anything in you log fil?

Is there anything in the event viewer?

Do you have .NET 3,5, .NET 4.5 installed?

Officially, Windows 10 Home is not supported as a host OS for the NAV (web) server. In practice, it is possible, but you have to be ready to solve tons of technical problems on your way. Way too often it looks like some geek fun rather than real work.

When I did that, I ran through all prerequisite components, verified that all of them are installed, but web server installation is still rolling back for unknown reason. After that, I created a registry key \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\130\Web Components Prerequisites, and a REG_DWORD value in it: Installed = 1.

With this tweak, web server installed successfully, but still I was unable to start it as a service in the IIS application pool and had to run the web server manually as an application. So, in the end, it works, but not sure that it is worth the effort.

As [mention:6f49de73c19f42ef93502a6cf846790b:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05] says then BC is not supported on Windows 10 Home.

You would be better of creating a VM using Hyper-V. Then you can install Windows Server 2019 and everything runs smoothly. That’s what I did a few years ago. And now I never have any problems running many different version of NAV/BC.

And you could of course also do it by using Docker containers (just make sure you run Windows 10 release 1809).

Hi,

when you are installing BC do not select the web server component, first select other options like
Administration Tool, AL Development, server then it will install successfully then run the setup again and go to add or remove component program then select then webserver option then install it will be successful.

1 Like

welcome to the group sivaji! thanks for trying to help.

Hi @sivaji_raman sir , All installation completed but same error (Web Server Components : the Components are roll back error ) and give some idea for installation process.