Problem in starting the AOS service on AX 2012 CU7

This is the error that I get on trying to start the AOS service.

Windows could not start the Microsoft Dynamics AX Object Server 6.2$01-MicrosoftDynamicsAX on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 10.

Thanks and Regards,

Cavin Dsouza

I’m afraid we can’t do what the error says and check the event log for you.

Have you changed the Password of the system where AOS and SQL is installed?

if that is the case try to re-enter the new password on the MS SQL services also

This also may occur if any changes are made in Server configuration. Check your server configuration in the utility.

Hey thanks Ajay, no password changes were done but I’ll have it checked for any possible password expiration issue.

Thanks Lalit, but no changes were made in Server config.

Yup my bad, Ill check the event viewer and update.

details of the event viewer:

Object Server 01: Exiting main session with 10 exitcode.

Object Server 01: The home directory for Axapta (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\AX_60_HALA_Test\bin\Application) does not match the required structure or can not be accessed. Please check installation, configuration and access rights.

Object Server 01: The directory “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\AX_60_HALA_Test\bin\Application\share” does not exist or access to it has been denied by the operating system.

Object Server 01: Cannot find Watson executable - Dynamics AX Watson support initialization failed.

OS will process crashes.

You see? It tells you why the service didn’t start, so you don’t have to try checking random bits such as passwords.

Nevertheless it’s you again who must go and verify whether AOS can access the folder and that files in the folder aren’t corrupt. We can’t do it for you because we obviously have no access to the folder.

You should also review what you (or somebody else) did with the system before the problem occurred.