Printing Invoice with contact information from different stores

Good morning every one,

I am new to NAV 2009 R2. My issue is as follows:

I have 3 stores A, B, C with POS printer. Our NAV server is found in store A whereas B & C access to NAV server through Remote desktop. In company information I have put the address and phone number of store A and logically invoices would print only the contact information from A because the information is taken from table Company information.

Let say, I need to print an invoice in store B, I want it to show the phone number, address, store name of B only.If I do so it will print the contact information of A on invoice of store B only as it use the company information table from our server in store A.

Is there a way or an option to make it print the contact for only store B and/or C?

Thanks in advance.

Company info is for LEGAL address, but by default that is used on docs. Moreover, in some countries both are required to be printed - legal AND actual place(s) of business, in your case, one of the stores.

I suppose you mean Sales Invoice - do you use Responsibility Center functionality? If yes, printed invoices can be modified to use address/contact info from RCs.

Thank you for the info mr Ivans…In fact we are not using RC… RC would definitely solve this issue but I would like to know if there is another way.

Anyway thanks again.

You can try something like

creating a new table and store the contact information against users…

and get the information from the new table based on the user logged in and print the contact details…

If you are using UserSetup table then you can use the same…

All possible another ways will still need modifications - but why to invent a bicycle if is there already?

Besides, usage of RCs will give you additional benefits - as filtering out Invoices by RC, so store A see only their invoices, not everything mixed up, not to speak about different reporting possibilities by store.

If Responsibility Centre is not availale then I will use Location (I assume 3 stores must be defined as 3 locations).

Modris Ivans replied on 02-27-2012 17:09

All possible another ways will still need modifications - but why to invent a bicycle if is there already?

Besides, usage of RCs will give you additional benefits - as filtering out Invoices by RC, so store A see only their invoices, not everything mixed up, not to speak about different reporting possibilities by store.

I agree. however RCs are not available.

Thanks alot mr Mohana.

I did exactly what you suggested. well… it took me some time but it’s worth it. Now it works exactly as I wanted. Each user working at store B has been related to the table Store Contact and then modified the sales invoice with store contact information according to the users who are logged on. I had some help with a NAV developer too.

Just like mr Ivans, he said RCs would have provided a better way of working in terms of reporting and filtering for orders & invoices.

Sandeep:If Responsibility Centre is not availale then I will use Location (I assume 3 stores must be defined as 3 locations).

I have 3 locations as well for the inventory.

Didier, you should never create new functionality for something that already exists. It may solve your immediate problem, but it is not a correct solution.

Seems the problem is, that RCs (“granule” 3060) are not available with BRL BE license at all, and is additional component even for BRL AM.