Print management - multiple destinations, same document

Hi all,

My goal is to set up print management to go to multiple destinations (like a printer and an email) for the same document. Specifically, packing slips - so the warehouse can print a physical document to include in the package and send an email so someone can see the tracking number in one fell swoop at the time of packing slip posting.

I’ve tried looking at documentation, playing around with PM setup and email templates, but nothing has panned out. We’re not using the retail module and our customers don’t want actual ASNs, just an email that order has shipped and here’s the tracking. Has anyone done anything like this without a big code change?

Thanks for any advice!

Have you tried using a “copy”? When you right click on the node in print management, I think you can choose either original or copy - does that work?

I haven’t, no. I think going this way we’d need to print twice, right? Once Original for the printer, then query for all the ones posted and print the Copy - I can play around with it. I might be able to sell it. Thanks!

You’d have to check the “use print management” button when you generate the document. That should do both at the same time?