Preben Damgaard is leaving MBS

Preben Damgaard who until the Microsoft acquisition of Navision in July 2002 was one of two CEO’s of Navision A/S is leaving Microsoft Business Solutions. 39 year old Preben founded Damgaard Data in 1984 with his older brother Erik Damgaard. According to sources Preben want to spent more time on his family. He made approx. 1 billion Danish Crowns (approx. 1,25 Euros), so he will not have financials troubles supporting his family the next few years. [8D] It’s with regret that we must say goodbye to Preben - without him it’s doubtfull if we had the same company today.

Hi Erik, I may be a dumb question but do you think it was family or the “lovely” people up at MBS and their “revolutionary” ideas? Cristi

Hi Cristi, Personally I think it was a combination. It’s hard to be the big boss in a large organization and the suddenly become a not so big boss in a giant organization. Do I think he was forced out? Not at all, they offered him a very very good position with MS Europe that he turned down. I think he really want to spend more time with the family and less time traveling.

Hello, Unfortunately in the UK, the phrase “I am leaving to spend more time with my family.” is a popular euphemism used by politicians or other prominent people to mean either “I have been sacked, but they want to get rid of me quietly.”, “I’ve done something silly and am leaving before anyone finds out.” or “I have lost all public credibility and have to go.”. Perhaps they could have chosen a better way of phrasing it… Personally, I think that people will think what they want to think and, it being a Microsoft announcement, they will probably be cynical about the reasons.

Ed, I know that this phrase often is being misused. And I can’t really say if it’s correct or not. But I know that Preben always have valued his family high. And it’s not without costs to travel so much. Personally I would have done the same - if I could afford not to work then I would make this website my job and spend a few hours here every day! [;)]

quote:

Originally posted by Admin
According to sources Preben want to spent more time on his family. He made approx. 1 billion Danish Crowns (approx. 1,25 Euros), so he will not have financials troubles supporting his family the next few years. [8D]

Is it that bad with the Danish Crowns? Hehe, but Denmark don’t want to join into the Euro. I think I have a 2 Euro coin in my drawer; it’s roughly 1,6 billion Danish Crowns then. Sorry, Preben, but you only get a coffee for the 1,25 Euro (1,5 Euro at Starbucks!) in the Euro countries.

Sorry, I meant 125 million euros!

quote:

Originally posted by Admin
Sorry, I meant 125 million euros!

I don’t have that much money in my drawer.

I look forward to receiving his resume when he gets bored of spending his money!

Why this always happened as in the past also when Microsoft bought Hotmail. After a year or 2 Mr. Bhatia the owner of the Hotmail left microsoft saying the similar kind of words. Is this microsoft terminology or something else I am not able to figure will somebody explain that to me. Even in other big coy’s also the samething happened.

Immagine you are the former CEO of a company bought by MS. And now you have nothing to say anymore. You are only a figure in the big Muppet Show. AND you have so much money that you do not have to work anymore. I, in your position, would spend more time with my family as well as all the other guys.