Posting sales orders

When I post a sales order then table 37, sales lines, is locked. All other users then get the message that “user xxx locked tabel saleslines”. When the posted order is large (>200 lines) this takes several secondes (>10). And in the meanwhile all other orderentry is locked. This is verry frustrating when customers order by telephone and you have to wait. Is this changeble by a workaround or is there a better solution? (posting can’t be delayd because of shipments with invoice)

There could be a couple of reasons for this. First, check the cache/commitcache settings on the server. Increased cache size could shorten the time table 37 is locked. However, the cache can actually also be set too high. If you have a lage cache but little physical memory in the server, then cache segments get swapped to disk. In this case it might even help to lower the cache size. Secondly, is the server a dedicated Navision server, og does it also run other tasks? The more processes the server handles, the less time Navision will get. Also, do you have the same problem, if you run a 100% unmodified version of Navision Financials? If this is the case, then it will definately be a good idea to take a look at the modifications, in order to optimize their performance. To find out where most of the processing time during the sales order post is spent, takt a look at the functionality “Code Coverage”, which to a certain extent, can give you an idea of where the most processing time is spent. Lars Strøm Valsted ------------------------- Why can’t programmers tell the difference between Christmas and Halloween? Because OCT(31) = DEC(25)

In addition to Lars, after activating code coverage and posting sales orders, create a new form from table 2000000049 while code coverage is running and look at the No of hits. Michael

Lars & Michel, Thanks for the reaction. I will try your advises. But is there a way to do no tablelocking at the posting? Could this perhaps the use of SQL (there will be recordlocking instead of table locking) or remove the table locking statement out of the codeunit? (If a person is posting a sales order there will be NO one other using THAT specific sales order)

Don’t remove the table locking. There are reasons for the table locking being there in the first place Lars Strøm Valsted ------------------------- Why can’t programmers tell the difference between Christmas and Halloween? Because OCT(31) = DEC(25)

Sorry Lars and Michael, Your reactions had no solution for me, To get more responds i placed this question also in the developer forum

Hoi Bert, We are working with Attain 3.00 since March this year and I must say that the problem mentioned by you is also a real thorn in the eye (sorry, translations out of Dutch don’t always sound very well) for us. Furthermore we have problems with locks while executing the Req. Worksheet (see my topic in this section also). If you receive some good information on this topic, please forward it to me. I will do the same with replies on my topic. Thanks, Michiel Hageman