Posting Released Production ORder with Lot Trackin

Hi, Has anybody tried out the Changing the Status of Released Production Order to finished? PS: All my Output LInes and Component LInes are configured for Backward Flushing. Work Center also is Backward Flushing. However Lot Tracking is enabled & I assign a Lot number to the Line items and assign lot numbers to comonent Lines as well, Upon Trying to finish the Order, System gives an Error: Lot no. is not available on Item Journal LIne. Has anybody faced a simillar problem? Regards, DD

Hi Dharmendra You cannot auto consume components that are item tracked, you have to manually consume them and define the serial numbers - I believe this was/is the case [:(!]. Also be very careful recording the output of a production order with serial numbers as it can do some strange things - I am testing a fix at the moment. Essentially you book 10 in, Navision books 1 in and leaves 9 outstanding on an order you cannot complete [Oops!] Or does this miss the point of your question?

Thanx Steven, I was under impression that this should be a standard Functionality. And did not even try it out. Just found this out at a Critical Stage of my Project. Can anybody suggest approximate amount of developement work involved into this? Suggesting Reporting through Output Journal and consumption journal is not possible. Also, I wonder that if this fucntionality is not available than why Navision has given the Link ‘Item Tracking LInes’ on the Line as well as Components Screen? Regards, DD

Thanx Steven, I was under impression that this should be a standard Functionality. And did not even try it out. Just found this out at a Critical Stage of my Project. Can anybody suggest approximate amount of developement work involved into this? Suggesting Reporting through Output Journal and consumption journal is not possible. Also, I wonder that if this fucntionality is not available than why Navision has given the Link ‘Item Tracking LInes’ on the Line as well as Components Screen? Regards, DD

Hi Dharmendra I would ask the question direct in the developer forum - I do not believe they ever read this forum [:D].