Posting Credit memos with WHM

It appears that posting either credit memos or Invoices will bypass the Bin Mandatory. If you post a credit memo, it puts the quantity in the Adjustment Bin. How do I put the quantity received from these credit memos into the proper zones and bins? The same goes for regular invoice. How do I deduct the proper quantities from the appropriate bins? Many Thanks!

You should define the Bin Contents properly. IF you define the Proper Bin Contents with default Bin, then based on the location System will get the Bin code on the Lines. Otherwise you can mannually fill the bin code on the lines. I beleive you have zones and bins defined for each locations. Which version are you running for Navision? NAveen Jain

Hi Naveen, We’re running Navision 3.7A. There’s no zone code on the credit memo for you to fill in. Also, when you do a copy document, it defaults the Bin code as the Shipping Bin.

Well, in that case, You should not use credir memo, instead Use Return Orders. Return Orders will allow you to create whse. Receipt, and from there you can put that item back to a proper Zones and Bins. Hope this will help. Naveen Jain

Hi Naveen, Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the client needs to use credit memos and invoices for their normal processing. I know return order will allow you to assign zones and bins. But how about just doing credit memos? Anyone using WHM have alternative solutions regarding this? Thanks!

Someone help me? Please?

Use Sales Return document to bring the inventory back into the facility. This is the only way to properly bring inventory into a WHS enabled facility that requires receiving, zones, and bins mgmt. Us the Sales Credit Memo functionality when you want to give credit to a customer that doesn’t involve an inventory transaction such as a price adjustment or something of that nature. It’s ok to use both the Returns Orders and the Credit Memos together but you simply need to know when to use each one.

quote:

Originally posted by Muzzy Dawg
Use Sales Return document to bring the inventory back into the facility. This is the only way to properly bring inventory into a WHS enabled facility that requires receiving, zones, and bins mgmt. Us the Sales Credit Memo functionality when you want to give credit to a customer that doesn’t involve an inventory transaction such as a price adjustment or something of that nature. It’s ok to use both the Returns Orders and the Credit Memos together but you simply need to know when to use each one.

Hi Bill, Thanks for the reply. Your message confirms my worst scenerio… Especially in inventory where it’s always a sensitive topic. I guess I have to take out the credit memo to ensure the inventory and the bins are the same…