Posting Assembly to Order (Sales order) from Packing Line scanning

Hello,
In advance warehousing is there an option to post an Assemble to order (sales order) from pack line scanning?
The pick document which is created for the sales order only picks the item from consumption of assembly order and it updates the warehouse shipment document only.

Shailane,

When you say Pack Line Scanning I am thinking you have Lanham eShip. I cannot answer if using Pack Line Scanning scans the components will complete the Assembly-to-Order posting. I know another solution after you perform the Pick and than package it will, upon posting the package (Ship), will complete the Assembly Order posting as well.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Steve

Shailane,

Check the setup options on your ISV solution. The one we use, after processing the component Pick, has the option of scanning the components or the finished good at time of Packing when processing an Assemble-to-Order Item.

The partner who helped you implement should best be able to answer your question.

Best Regards,
Ben

Yes, it is possible to post an Assemble to Order (ATO) sales order from pack line scanning in Advanced Warehousing. When a sales order is created for an ATO item, a warehouse request is generated for the assembly order. This warehouse request can then be used to create a pick document. When the pick document is processed on the pack line, the assembled item is scanned and packed for shipment. Once the pack line scanning is completed, the warehouse shipment document is updated with the assembled item information.

To enable ATO sales order processing in Advanced Warehousing, you will need to make sure that the “Assembly Policy” for the ATO item is set to “Pick Components and Assemble to Order”. You will also need to set up the assembly order routing and assembly order consumption rules. Once these configurations are in place, the warehouse request and pick document can be generated for the assembly order and processed on the pack line.