Posting a Purchase Order

I am very new to AX. My company is using AX2009. I was wondering if someone could tell me what the VendPurchOrderJour table is used for. I created a report using that table and then found that there was a lot of missing purchase orders in it. My purchasing dept is creating purchase orders which they then receive and post the invoice but they are not always posting the purchase order and I was wondering what problems this might cause.

thank you for your help!

This table will have the information of the purchase order journals that are posted posted, if you are not posting the purchase order(confirmation) and doing an invoice or packing slip it may not have the data. So what exact information you want in the report?

I was trying to get a report that listed items ordered and the detail for it. I was using the VendPurchOrderJour and VendPurchOrderTrans tables until I found out that data was missing from these tables. I didn’t realize that you can post invoices without the purchase order being posted. They did however post packing slips. How would I know for sure if items were actually ordered from the vendor or the purchase order was created but not ordered?

thanksfor your help!

Renee

not sure what do you mean by this?

Well, it appears that some of the people in our purchasing dept are creating purchase orders and then using the pro-forma button to print them and then mailing that to the vendor. If that is the case, how do I know if a purchase order was created and the items on ordered or not. In our company it is not unusual for someone to create several purchase orders for regurlar items in advance and then only place the order when they are needed.