Posted Deposits

When setting up a new bank deposit numbering series, how can you see it in the posted deposits history ?

Does a table need to be updated in order to recognize the new numbering series ?

We recently came to the end of the deposit numbering series that was originally set up to end at 9999. We started a new series at 10000 that will end at 99999.

We cannot see in the history, the posted deposits that have been done against 10000-10056 so far.

thanks !

Hi. Assuming SQL is treating the numbers in its usual way, you may find 10000 in the 1s somewhere and not at the end as you would expect. We always use leading zeros and letters so the entries appear in the right order - so D00000001 for deposits. Best thing is filter in the number you are looking for to check it is there. Neil

Hi George,

Did Neil’s suggestion help you?

I think that he’s right. Assuming that you’ve already checked that the new number series is actually being used. Did you check this in the number series lines?

But I think it’s more a matter how NAV sorts it’s document number (code) fields. If you are using SQL Server, and not the so-called native database (available with all version before 2009), then the numbering fields are string/text fields, where the numbers are stored alphabetically. Many companies include letters to help identify which kind of document number it is. A posted deposit could be ‘PD-1000’. This means it will sort a list with the number ‘10000’ like this:

A-001

My suggestion to how to avoid this “behavior” is to change your default page views to be order by the actual posting date, instead of the document no. Which version of NAV are you running? In the newer version this can be changed both by the user or from the page designer.

This way of sorting is everywhere in Navision.

So the best is always to start with a series that covers a bit more than the “old system” = use one more digit. And start with i.e. ‘00001’ instead of just ‘1’, then it sorts fine, at least until ‘99999’. It also works fine with ‘10000’.

hi
yes it did help and we resolved the issue. Thanks !

Thanks Neil, that fixed it.