PLEASE HELP WITH C/FRONT!

I do not understand my problem. All was fine until some beatiful moment. But now… CFRONT.OCX (2.60D) can connect to server, login, open company. But… CF.TableNo(‘Customer’) already returns 1242936 (?) not 18 !!! And “CF.TableName(18)” returns empty string. All other routines like FindRec,NextRec stops responding. CF.LastError already returns 13507460 (00CE1B84). I am trying to use EXCEL’s sample, but result is same. P.S.: On my PC lives several navisions (2.01,2.60,3.01,3.10) Business Applications Programmer Sertified Navision Developer SIA “Sintegra” Latvia

Error means: “ERROR 206 in Module 7044” Check table and record handles usage. It’s looks like you passing wrong handles and geting trash. If no successs, when check what version of CF is registred, do you realy connected to server.

I know about handlers. This error occurs after initialization of c/front and persists all time. I don’t understand WHY CFRONT loses hadlers (don’t work with handlers) and works with unusual data and returns this crazy results. All CFRONT’s procedures doesn’t works properly (except ConnectServer,Login,OpenCompany). I am trying to reinstall all, including OS (Win2k server). This problems appears after installing Attain3.10 (may be yes, may be no) or after some Windows updates. Now i am looking for… Business Applications Programmer Sertified Navision Developer SIA “Sintegra” Latvia

C/Front is very picky about matching the Navision executables. Also, the product does not follow “proper” versioning. Depending on the language you use, you may need to recompile if you use “early binding.” Assuming you are programming C/FRONT correctly, one way to correct your problem might be to uninstall ALL versions of Navision and C/FRONT and then reinstall just the version that you want to use. This is rather extreme and not strictly necessary, but generally does work. Also, I think that 2.6D may not work at all. Try another version. Jim Hollcraft NCSD, NCSP, MCP, MST aka Skater drilldot.com - Unauthorized Navision News

Also, when you install a version of Navision, it updates the registry. The can cause an earlier of C/FRONT to fail. You can sometimes correct this problem by setting the program directory and license file properties. Jim Hollcraft NCSD, NCSP, MCP, MST aka Skater drilldot.com - Unauthorized Navision News

Thank you for replies. I found problems. This is Delphi’s “something”. “Import ActiveX” not equal to “Import Type Library”. Business Applications Programmer Sertified Navision Developer SIA “Sintegra” Latvia

May be somebody have DCU for Delphi6 or PAS which uses CFRONT.DLL directly? Please e-mail me. Or tool to convert .H to .PAS? Business Applications Programmer Sertified Navision Developer SIA “Sintegra” Latvia

If u are using delphi 6, the problem is with delphi. Install delphi service pack 2 and then using the function “Component->>Import ActiveX Control” select CFRONT and the create a new unit (tlb). The problem should be corrected. Regards Pieter