Picking list posting disabled in partial sales order

Hi All

After confirmation of whole sales order quantity I processed partial picking list,picking list registration & partial delivery (3 lines processed fully and 3 lines partially). After that when I tried to issue pending quantity, the picking list (Posting tab) is disabled. But I can process packing slip by skiping picking list step.

Can anyone tell me the reason of this issue.

Regards,

Look at your pick list registrations for the order - there is an open one.

Hi Adam,

There are no open lines in picking list registration. All the lines(3 SO line fully and 3 lines partially) completed the picking list resgistration. Here you can see 3 line having the remining quantity. Please see the below scrren shot.

7215.untitled.bmp (2.1 MB)

Regards

That does not show the on order quantity, can you show this from the sales lines please?

Here I added the screen shots from sales order to packing slip(all the journals)

7651.SO_Lines.bmp (2.14 MB)

Confirmation Journal

6518.Confirm_Jour.bmp (1020 KB)

Picking list journal

2744.Picking_Jour.bmp (883 KB)

Packing slip journal

4150.Packing_Jour.bmp (1.11 MB)

Regards

Hi Ishak

Not quite there, on the first screen shot of the sales line can you post the quantity tab please.

Hi Adam,

Here you can find the on order quantity, please see the below screen shot.

6403.Lines_qty.bmp (2.15 MB)

Reagrds,

So is the picking list option greyed out under posting, or if it brings it up what are your parameters?

Posting tab is grayed out (picking list only). Please see the screen shot here,

6874.Post_Tab.bmp (2.14 MB)

Regards,

I presume you have no outstanding output orders relating to this sales order? Can you check this.

After this you need a developer to look at the code, there are outstanding quantities with no open picks, so you should be able to generate a pick list for the balance. I see you have in essence modified it with the status on the sales order, so perhaps it is a modification itself causing this, is the partial delivered modification been in a while?

Hi Adam,

Here you can see the output order of the first item, from the first picking (ordered qty is 200 & completed is11).But output order is generating only after picking list (?), so how we can track output order of pending quantity

3404.Ouput_order.bmp (1.06 MB)

There is no heavy customization on sales table /form to disturbe the sales flow,only on lables and dispaly fields. For some sales order I can process pending quatity even if it is partial.

Regards,

You say there is no heavy modification but you have introduced a new status, with new logic, so not just labels and display fields - get a developer to tell you why.

The output order is completed and okay, you can have them hanging around which causes issues.

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your reply. [:)]

Why I said there is no heavy customization because we didnt introduced any Enum for STATUS or we are not disturbing the flow in data level. Its only checking the higher status from STATUS & DOCUMENT STATUS.Ie, if STATUS & DOCUMENT STATUS are same then status also will be same, if STATUS & DOCUMENT STATUS are different then status will be line Partial deleivered,Partial invoiced etc.

I tested without any customization also, but getting the same problem.

Regards,

Well I have never had a problem with this, not a standard problem/configuration given your data and setup, so I suggest you report this to Microsoft, but I doubt it is a localization, more of a modification impact in my opinion.

Hi Adam,

Today I restored the same database on a test server having no single customization (I can say it’s a ‘virgin AX server’ [:)] ) and facing same problem. But I can proceed a new sales order having same lines (Copied from previous SO) with partial delivery, there is no problem in any stpes.

Any suggestion???

Regards

Load a new sales order, part ship it, see if the picking list is available.

If it is then you have managed to corrupt the order you have the issue with.