Phone Center Integration

We are looking to use Lucent Centre View in our phone center. We would like to be able to have the the Navision prospect card pop up when a call comes in. Does anyone know how to connect to Navision from this type of application?

Does Lucent Centre View support TAPI? (It probably does…) If so, you might use version 3.01 new TAPI (Telephone API) integration and the new Contact Manager functionality.

From what I know, TAPI integration in Attain is only done for outgoing calls (so you can click on a telephone button, then one of the new wizards starts and you can enter some informational data about your call). Concerning incoming calls, there is no integration to Attain. From Navision, you could use Axapta, where there is also an integration to incoming calls (and yes, the “prospect card” pops up when there is a call).

Of cause you can do this in Navision Attain as well! You should use a modified shortcut with Attain and integrate it into your TAPI application. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster

What I meant is, of course, that there is no need whatsoever to fumble around with shortcuts or make any integration in the TAPI application. All TAPI integration in Axapta is maintained by Axapta and the functionality I described earlier is already integrated in the CRM module. Best regards Helmut Wimmer, NCPS, NCSD Edited by - Helmut Wimmer on 2001 Oct 10 14:40:07

If you already have Attain you should stick with TAPI and use Erik’s shortcut suggestions. Even if you are not already an Attain customer, unless you have other very compelling reasons to use Axapta you are better with Attain. The extra effort required to implement Axapta (at LEAST 1.5 times harder than Attain) will not make up for the few hours you spend coding the shortcut with TAPI and Attain.

My experience is that the most complicated issue is to establish a link between a certain telephone number on incoming calls with a PC or user. Example: If John Dow has 555 234, the central has to forward the call not only to John’s Phone (as it does) but also has to fire a trigger on John’s Computer or - even worse - on the computer John is currently logged in. With best regards from Switzerland Marcus Fabian

Hello Mike. If you don’t currently have hardware from Lucent then I’d suggest looking at the Altigen phone system. It’s a good phone system that will save you money. No, I’m not a rep - simply someone who has been looking at phone systems lately for my company. Yes, TAPI is supported. Sorry, but there is not currently integration to Navision Attain or Axapta. However, I will be looking in to creating that integration with this system if we purchase it.

Hello Erik, Could you explain a little further about what you mean by “You should use a modified shortcut with Attain and integrate it into your TAPI application” Thanks Thanks Edited by - rchurchillqpr on 2001 Oct 19 10:12:03

If you execute a shortcut you can run objects within Attain. The following shortcut that you could place on your desktop, or run from another application would execute report 991 in c:\database.fdb with company called dot.com. navision://client/run?database=c:\database.fdb&company=dot.com&target=report991&forcenewinstance=yes (example from attain help) Craig Bradney Technical Manager Navision Solutions & Services, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Email:cbradney@deloitte.com.au

Moved from “Open Subject” to "Attain/Financials integration.

quote:

Originally posted by mwpeck: We are looking to use Lucent Centre View in our phone center. We would like to be able to have the the Navision prospect card pop up when a call comes in. Does anyone know how to connect to Navision from this type of application?

Hi! We done CTI with Attain 3.10A. First we try to use TAPi directly from Attain, but then we decided to use third part API, becouse using TAPI from Attain is to much pain in the a… Third party TAPI is very easy to use. You just add new C/AL global automation (with events) to form, and you get some new events,… You have one event for when new call (in or outbound), one event for call end and one event for tracking phone line status (ring, dail, idle,…),… regards Bostjan

Which third party driver did you use?

quote:

Originally posted by SimonW
Which third party driver did you use?

activeTAPI (www.activeTapi.de) regards Bostjan

You are right Attain only supports TAPI outgoing calls. We are using 3COM IP-telephone system and we have developed a TAPI interface which makes it possible to manage ingoing calls. With our connector you can make any form to popup at ingoing calls. It wil only be activated when you pick up the phone. If you are working an another windows applic ation Navision will automatically popup as the active window on the required form when the user pick up the phone.

Is this also possible for Dynamics AX 2009 ?

My client wants that when a customer is calling and he takes the phone up that axapta give a pops up with the open orders for that customer.

Thanx in advance

Jurgen