payroll module in navision

Dear all, I would like to ask you about the standard payroll module in navision, is there available in Navision ? If yes, where is it ? tks beforehand rgds, Mark

Hello, Payroll is one of those areas that is usually a localized feature. As far as I know, the W1 version does not have a payroll function. In the UK Payroll is only available as an add-on and not as part of the core system. I expect that you will have to speak to local experts about this. There may be an add on available.

Dear EBloom,All, Tks for your reply. Could you let me know the company sell the payroll add-on ? here, the payroll is based on fixed salary of employees/labors, working hours (normal) and overtime. So, the payroll staff will calculate how much to pay the labors based on those. What is needed to develop the module ? rgds, Mark

Dear EBloom,All, Tks for your reply. Could you let me know the company sell the payroll add-on ? here, the payroll is based on fixed salary of employees/labors, working hours (normal) and overtime. So, the payroll staff will calculate how much to pay the labors based on those. What is needed to develop the module ? rgds, Mark

Well I guess it won’t really help you, if Edward tells you where to get the British Pay-roll add on, since the legal requirements will be quite different from yours in Malaysia. So I would suggest, you ask your local MBS Branch where to get it, maybe they even sell it themselves (like here in Switzerland).

Hello! Daniel is quite correct. The UK payroll systems are quite bespoke to UK legal and regulatory requirements . It would be best to speak to the Malaysian MBS office.

Dear all, tks a lot for your reply, I will try to do that… rgds, Mark

Mark, Payroll is soemthign that will make your life a misery. Its much better to have a third party payroll application, and then ust devlelop a simple interface to the GL to import base numbers. In the US they eventually removed payroll from Navision, and now its an external application, and its a much better solution for the client and the NSC.

Hi Mark I will second David on this, for all our clients we advise the same, and I maybe wrong but i also believe Microsoft have steered away from the association previously held with the localised payroll additions, previously they used to “recommend” them but now the relationship is a little looser. I could be wrong on this but I am sure I read it somewhere!

Dear David, Steven, all, tks a lot for your reply. I thought I can create payroll using new table, new form, make some codeunit, but actually, it is really separated from Navision because of something relate to location/state/country policy. Your answers will straightly conclude my problems solved well. have a nice night/day rgds, Mark

quote:

I thought I can create payroll using new table, new form, make some codeunit,

That would be like the ideal world… but every country does invent his own labour legislation, health and pension insurance system, tax deductions, contract liquidations… an infinte list of specific requirements and processes…

quote:

Microsoft have steered away from the association previously held with the localised payroll additions

I had heard a couple of years back that MS was working on a kind of global payroll base module, that was somehow a year after they aquired Navision, looks like they noticed that this is at least for the moment, not really a possible solution… Saludos Nils

quote:

I had heard a couple of years back that MS was working on a kind of global payroll base module, that was somehow a year after they aquired Navision, looks like they noticed that this is at least for the moment, not really a possible solution…

I think as we have said every country is different, also legislation is updated monthly, this is a huge task and when it is so easy to integrate why bother? I had heard the same, but I also heard they had shelved the idea, but I never saw any of it in writing so all unsubstantiated!!

Dear All, I wonder if the payroll is as same as in government and private sector. And will be different for every countries, the problems are the very basic standard payroll also disregard by navision. I mean if Navision development team issued the payroll and it’s a really basic, I think very countries only need to make some adjustments or changes. Do you all agree with this ? Rgds, Johnson Alonso “se non e vero, e bene trovato”

Hi I believe it is the level of localisation, and the speed up updates of legislation against the actual need to have payroll within Navision that at the moment is the stumbling block.

Dear Steven, tks for your reply, I have tried to send PM to you but unable. I am sorry to bother you by sending this e-mail but then I am thankful for your attn to read it. I wonder why Mark has had 2 stars but I don’t have anything , meanwhile we have the same date of registering ? Pls reply. rgds, Johnson

There are huge differences between the legal requirements and possibilities (e.g. pension schemes), so I see no way to make a base module, because you would have to make major changes in each country (so that it very probably is easiear to start from scratch). The number of stars depend on the number of posts you submit, and reflect your member status (you get the first star after 50 posts).

Dear Daniel, Tks for your answer. I understand now. The payroll is really needed and urgently, but if navision doesn’t consider it, I think it is a loss, but I don’t know why it seems very complicated as if it is a multiple integral and high degree differential in maths/calculus Rgds, Johnson

quote:

tks for your reply, I have tried to send PM to you but unable. I am sorry to bother you by sending this e-mail but then I am thankful for your attn to read it. I wonder why Mark has had 2 stars but I don’t have anything , meanwhile we have the same date of registering ? Pls reply.

It is simply a matter of posts, you have made 12 as I write, whilst Mark has made 102. You get your first start at 50 posts and second at 100. There is a section somewhere describing this!

From Mr Admin himself [:D] I was wrong on the 100 stars. http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10694

Regarding the initial payroll question… looks like we are mixing up some issues here [Oops!]

quote:

The payroll is really needed and urgently, but if navision doesn’t consider it, I think it is a loss

There is always a tradeoff between effort and profit, and the effort to create a basis is too high, especially if the integration possibilities are so advanced with Navision. To you it might look like a “loss”, but you must also consider the effort (investigation, development, testing) that would be necessary to develop anything new…

quote:

but I don’t know why it seems very complicated as if it is a multiple integral and high degree differential in maths/calculus

Let me tell you… it is very complicated! I have been implementing Navision (and payroll) in more than 5 countries, and payroll is always a completely different thing. It’s not a mathematical problem or challenge, it’s processes and legal requirements. The part, “I get a monthly salary” is the most simplest part, the issue arise afterwards: taxes, health and pension insurance, legal and other bonifications, absence compensation, reports and statistics for legal authorities, and so on. Saludos Nils