output in two UOM

Hi,

My client produces castings in which he wants to record the output in both kgs and units.

That means in output journal i want information like this.

casting no.of units produced wt/kg

A 10 No.s 2

b 20 No.s 4

c 10 No.s 2

As I understand, base UoM = Pieces

There are standart fields for Item Gross Weight and Net Weight - normally not seen on Item Card, put them there.

Or - leave base UoM as is (PCS), add second one KG. Then, if 1 item weights 3.1415926 kg, add this value for UoM = KG.

Hi Experts,

My client wants the output to be recorded in 2 UOM’s

For example he makes some iron products so he want to record output like this.

Item UOM(wt) UOM(NO.s)

A 10 2

B 26 10

Also the output recording is manual only . So please help me how to acheive this . Is there any thing built in or do i need to customize

Jon,

Didnt’t you really see THIS http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/t/27513.aspx ???

You hadn’t even do search to find it - it is TWO days old thread ! [:@]

8>< ----------------

Not available as standard, you would need to modify the system to hold dual UOM’s and in this industry my guess would be they want it everywhere as the quantity-weight relationship changes each time.

And there was me thinking it was de ja vu answering this again. [:D]

Adam is right - my earlier suggestion works ONLY if Item weight is constant.

Sorry I read this back and it seems I am disagreeing with you Modris - just to clarify my poorly structured reply I agree with Modris, but in my experience where these two UOM are required it is due to the fluctuating differences in the relationship, so if it is constant then the first answer is correct, if not the second is! My post was supposed to be an “addition” but it does not read like that. [:D]

Hi,

First i explain my problem in detail so that experts can understand.

My client makes some iron castings so he wants the output from manufacturing in 2 UOM’s say weight and pieces

So i have acheived this by adding weight as UOM in firm planned production and pieces in Output journal.

Now in my finished prodction order i can view both weight and pieces quantity but my problem is UOM is showing only for Firm planned one but not for output journal output it is just showing as 40 for ex.

But i want to place one more column beside the 40 quantity so that it has to retreive the UOM from Output journal.

Since Finished Prod.Order is linked to prod order table it is retreiveing from that table only.

so how to get the UOM of Output journal in finished Prod.Order

Thank u

Hi Yasho, John and Michael,

I see that all “three” of you are working on an exactly identical project right now. Maybe the best solution would be for all three of you to get together and resolve this as a team. So I have merged all three into one.

It would be quite funny if actually you were all working on the same project (say for example if you were all off shore development companies) and came up with similar but competing solutions.

As Modris says, there is a search tool, but in this case the posts were over three days, so you didn’t even need to search. Lets keep all the posts in one thread. And if we do get a fourth developer working on this project, please ask them to also post in this thread instead of starting a new one.

Thanks.

The original posting was how to achieve a set requirement. It would seem you have already moved ahead and started to develop a solution. Your development is not working and this Supply Chain Forum will now struggle to assist you as it is a development issue, with your issue being that you cannot design the solution to work how you want it to work, at least that is my assessment, and my apologies as I am not a developer so cannot assist you further.

Hi,

how to set the relationship between two UOM for example the basic UOM is pieces and i want to set 1 piece = X kg .

how to acheive this.

Also as i explained above the the weight of particular item is not constant always so what can i do in these situations but plz dont tell me to change the weight each and every time.

There’s only a relationship between the Base unit of measure and other units of measure. You can’t set a relationship between two units of measure where neither ones are the base unit of measure. So if the base unit is EACH, you can create DOZEN with “Qty. per Unit of Measure” = 12, and a BOX with “Qty. per Unit of Measure” = 120, but there is no way to say BOX = 10 DOZEN. So you will have to calculate the other units as they relate to the base unit.

Michael,

I think what you want is “Catch Weight” which Navision does not support. It will need customization, or you could use an Add-On. NAVI-MEAT is a good example of an Add-On/Vertical that handles this.

Agreed.

Plus, there is more to it.

In castings Industry, normal practice is to decide price also on the basis of weight rather than Nos. ( This may vary from Design to design). But , while doing the customization, following things questions need to be asked and customization done accordingly. Believe me, we have tried it at number of places and have faced numerous issues later on. This kind of custoization is better to be avoided in the first place. If seems in evitable than,

1. If the weight information is required just for printing purpose, just adding a field on the Ledger entry suffices.

2. If it involves stock reporting also in dual units of measure than it is little complex.

Regards,

DD

Hi Experts,

My Client want BOM Printing arrangement like this.

UOM(Descp) NO.s Weight UOM(Descp) Nos Weight

PC 2 0.11 RD 4 0.89

RD 5 0.4 PC 5 0.87

but i want PC should alwys dispaly @ 1st

UOM(Descp) NO.s Weight UOM(Descp) Nos Weight

PC 2 0.11 RD 4 0.89

PC 5 0.87 RD 5 0.4

Only few unit should display in 1st Column alwys like Pair,Pieces,Units Code in UOM Table etc. to filter part those wil b having value 1 in Value field else code in UOM holds 0.

Above its an example created manually . So please help me customize the report

Thnks in Advance