Outlook email Integration

Is their a way to auto-send emails in navision and get around the 3rd party outlook contact warning? office.microsoft.com/en-us/assitance/ha011127891033.aspx (location of message) I am not sure if v4.0 has a better Outlook integrtion or object. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steve

Yes there is! You must change the code into using Extended MAPI. Then no warnings will be shown. Develop it yourself or have a look at http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/ where you will find a dll for just this. I am not affiliated with the mentioned site so this is not a commercial answer. Just an example.

The extended MAPI is nice if you know how to develop something with C++. Redemption is a commercial product that you need to buy, and then change all email related code in Navision to use it instead of what it uses now. It can be done, but it’s a big job. Another option is to use direct SMTP instead of having to rely on MS products. Of course you’d have to buy a commercial product too, or use one of the free ones out there (I believe there is a lnk to one in the mibuso download section), plus you’d also have to do the changes in Navision :). The difference between these two is that the extended MAPI (and products like Redemption) rely on you having a Microsoft email product installed, because the extended MAPI uses Microsoft libraries. Using SMTP (which stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol and is the internet standard for email traffic) you can set all email properties yourself and transfer it without having to have anything installed. Of course with SMTP you need to investigate a little what properties are used for which purpose.

I think I have read something about that if you use the Navision Application Server to generate the e-mails there will be no warning.