one data source, two grids

I’m trying to figure out if there’s a reasonably easy way to have two grids on a form associated with the same data source, but with different filters. (With the added wrinkle of the data source being tied to an in-memory temp table, not a ‘real’ table.)
One grid would contain unprocessed records, and the other would contain processed records, so the two grids would need to have different filters.
So far, my experience has been:

• If I just link the one data source to two grids, I can’t set separate filters on them. (Maybe there’s a way to do that, but I haven’t found it.)
  • If I try to create two separate data sources linked to the temp table, they wind up linked to two separate instances of the temp table, so one has my data in it, and the other one is just an empty temp table.

I know I could solve this problem by changing the logic around so that the unprocessed records are in one copy of the temp table, and the processed records are in another, but I’m trying to make this change without changing too much of the logic on the form.

If anyone has any helpful hints, please let me know. Thanks!

It’s the data source that you filter, not the grid, therefore you definitely need two data sources.

Nevertheless I can’t think about why two data sources based on the same temporary table shouldn’t work. Can you tell us more about the problem? How did you link data sources to the table? If it’s in AX 2012 (please never forget to attach a tag with the version), which type of temporary table are you using?

Martin -

Thanks for the response, and sorry I forgot to tag my post. It is indeed AX 2012. The temp table is the “in-memory” type.

I think I’m going to revisit having two data sources linked to that table. Hopefully, I can find some time to experiment with it today.

• Andrew