OCX-COM port

Hi there, is there anybody who can help me with a problem about sending a string to a scanner from within Navision. I can receive and send within Hyperterminal but not from within Navision. I can however receive a string from Navision. I have download the OCX from mynavision.net Help me please, greetz, Luke

quote:

Originally posted by LukeTheDuke: Hi there, is there anybody who can help me with a problem about sending a string to a scanner from within Navision. I can receive and send within Hyperterminal but not from within Navision. I can however receive a string from Navision. I have download the OCX from mynavision.net Help me please, greetz, Luke

Hi, I have discribed how work with my ocx in www.mynavision.net downloads form. At first try play with ocx over ActiveX test software. If not helps: Do you able open/close port ? Can you send string or int? Can you receive string ? It is hard only for first time. This ocx works fine since birth until today.

Hi, thanx for your answer. But the problem only exists for sending (string). Receiving the string is no problem. Hope to hear you, greetz , Luke

Can you send Int or byte? if yes: So, this ocx created to receive fixed length strings. Ocx will return rezult only then it receives all requested data or after timeout (10s). You can use reading loop with reading of one char and terminate loop after NULL char. if NO: Hmmmm… I can’t image what it can be ?

Thanx for your reply! I’ve got it now, I had to give a string with line feed and CR. I only did the CR. But thanx again. With regards, Luke

Hi Db, Which ActiveX Test software would you suggest using? rgds Owen

I’m using “ActiveX Control Test Container” from Microsoft Visual Studio.