Object Designer

Hi Experts

i am New in Nav 2009 Classic Can any body solve my Doubt i.e I want See the Design of Object Designer &

i am Try to add Objects in object Designer like(*Tables,*Forms,*User- Defined Objects).is it Possible In NAV

Thanks & Advance

sivaramakrishna

Hi Siva,

You can run tools object designer then select an item and click design.

It’ll be somewhat similar to ms access …

g.

You can access Tools–>object Designer or press Shift+F12. You can see the New button to create New objects. But you are allowed to give the Object IDs only between 50000-99999.

Again if you have the developer licence, you can create objects. If you are having the customer licence, normally you will not have the developing access with your licence.

hello Thank You for kind Reply.i think Your Not a get my Point(doubt). is their possible to add in the Serial Wise (Tables,Forms,Pages,Reports,Menu suites,Code units,ALL) after that i am add my object like anything .this is my doubt if you want any Explanation.i will be give Clearly.

hello Thank You for kind Reply.i think Your Not a get my Point(doubt). is their possible to add in the Serial Wise (Tables,Forms,Pages,Reports,Menu suites,Code units,ALL) after that i am add my object like anything .this is my doubt if you want any Explanation.i will be give Clearly.

Your question doesnot have clarity.

If you can type specifically someone will be hereto give reply.

I hope I understood…

Siva wants to add new object type in Object Designer like

Tables

Forms

Pages

Reports

Menu suites

Code units

ALL

Which is not possible…

Hi,

Dudes let me give a clarity of what he is asking.

His question is not about designing objects in object designer.

He wants to know how the object designer is designed, means how the objects are grouped,how they are maintained all those . to be more clear if we suppose object designer as Main Table , Our Main Table that is Object designer which is having fields namely Type,ID,Name,modified,Version List,date ,time,BLOB Size etc…,all these tables,Forms,reports,pages,codeunits etc… as records.

like wise he wants to know the whether we can see the design of object designer table as we see the design of item table,customer table blah blah…

Not possible…

Well, you can see the design of the table actually, but you can’t change it. It’s called Object.

Create a Form object based on the Field table and add all of the available columns. Filter down the the proper table ID, 2000000001, and you can see the fields that make up Object Designer. Again, though, can’t change it.