Number Sequence

i have created a new module in ax 2012. for this new module i have to generate number sequence. can any one help me by specifying procedures in creation of number sequence for new module

Hi

Pls go through following link

http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/p/53329/279056.aspx

Regards

Syed Abuthahir

Don’t forget to verify solution if it resolved your issue.

sir, in the above link they have created number sequence for HRM module which is already predefined module in ax. but in my case i have created a new module.

Follow the documentation for the Number Sequence Framework.

sir, i have followed the above steps… i have Problem with base enum.

The Error message is:

“The NumberSequenceDatatype record for extended datatype PersonId contains a reference to area 208 which does not exist. This may be the result of importing data inconsistent with the current build”

The error says that you have invalid data in NumberSequenceDatatype table. The record for PersonId EDT points to a module that doesn’t exists.

can you pls elobrate

Martin Dráb sir,

can you pls elaborate this…

My understanding is that you have a NumberSequenceDatatype record with Module == 208, but there is no module (a class extending NumberSeqApplicationModule) with such ID (returned from numberSeqModule() method).

Of course I don’t know why you have inconsistent data in your database. As the error message already told you, this may be the result of importing data inconsistent with the current build.