Number sequence error

Hi All,

I am having a problem increasing the number sequence.

Largest is 999999, Next is1000000 and Format is PJR_######.

If I increase the Largest to9 9999999, I also need to increase the Format to PJR_#######

Increasing Largest is OK but when I change Format I get the following error

One or more references using the current number sequence are not sufficiently long to contain numbers from this number sequence.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you

If the field isn’t long enough to accept such as long number, you clearly can’t use it such as sequence. Instead of adding an extra number, consider changing the format. You can change the prefix and and start again from 1. Also, if you use a shorter prefix, you’ll gave more space for numbers.

The other approach is changing the size of all fields that uses this number sequence but aren’t currently long enough.

One or more references using the current number sequence are not sufficiently long to contain numbers from this number sequence.

It means that the length(after changing the format) is greater than the actual field or its type length. Check the stringSize of the field/EDT.

You may need to think of changing the format.

can you tell how to check stringSize of field?

What is that number sequence meant for? Go to the table and look at the properties of that field or look at the properties of related Extended data type.