NSF Payment button is in disabled state for a transaction type "Payment" on Customer transaction form

I am going to process NSF Payment manually from customer transaction form, select the payment transaction on Customer transaction form but the “NSF Payment” button is in disabled state. Should it be enabled automatically or do i have to see any configuration is missing? Thanks for any help

It should be enabled, but it checks few conditions for that. First thing to check, Does the cancel payment button is enabled in your case?

Yes. The Cancel payment button is enabled for a Transaction type “Payment” on customer transaction form.

Can you please let me know what all i need to check. Thanks

Shouldn’t have an invoice number on the payment line, amount should be negative and bank account (company) should have a value

Yes, i dont have invoice number on payment line, amount is negative. i didn’t get back account should have a value. Where should i see the back account value? Please reply. Thanks

sorry i have doubt on bank account(not back account), where to verify bank account.

Look at the payment tab, under the bank group.

The bank account number is filled from the bank that is selected as offset on customer payment journal.

It shows empty. can you guide me how to setup this?

It should have been updated, if payment transaction is done through the bank.

It generally applies when the payment is done through the bank and payment returned from the back due to non sufficient fund.

Look at, https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh242116.aspx#Process_a_not_sufficient_funds__NSF__payment

Hi Kranti,

Somehow the CompanyBankAccountID is empty on CustTrans table. Do you know how to debug why this field is not updated when the payment journal is posted? Do i have to mention explicitly to write bankID to this Custtrans table field?

appreciate for your help!

I don’t think so. Does the payment is done through bank, if so that should have been updated.

the transaction is not done through bank. payments are done at third party application and using AIF we are creating payment journals and then doing manual posting. this doesn’t involve bank within AX. how should i approach?

Re-posting,

It generally applies when the payment is done through the bank and payment returned from the back due to non sufficient fund.

Look at, https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh242116.aspx#Process_a_not_sufficient_funds__NSF__payment

Why you are trying to use NFS in your case?

When we get non-sufficient funds from Bank. have to Process the payment NSF to revert(cancel) the transaction.

When your payment journal in AX doesn’t have a bank, how do you book an NFS from the bank?

You can simply cancel the payment in your case instead of using NFS

Thanks Kranthi. We are using Payment journal Offset account type as Ledger, that is why we are unable to see NSF payment button. My problem is solved. Thanks for your support.