as we know Business central Administrator is no long from BC210 onwards, so i have changed DeveloperServicesEnabled (for download symbols) through Customsettings.config,after that not able to start the Services, getting the below error (BC21 OnPremise)
Windows could not start the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Server [BC210] service on Local Computer.
Error 1064: An exception occurred in the service when handling the control request.
Error 1064 is a generic error message that can be caused by a number of issues. In this case, it is likely that changing the DeveloperServicesEnabled setting in CustomSettings.config has caused a problem with the Business Central Server service.
To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps:
- Open the CustomSettings.config file and set the DeveloperServicesEnabled parameter back to its original value.
- Restart the Business Central Server service and check if it starts successfully.
- If the service still fails to start, check the Event Viewer for any error messages related to the Business Central Server service.
- If there are any error messages, try to identify the root cause of the issue and address it accordingly. Common issues that can cause the Business Central Server service to fail include configuration errors, database connection issues, and insufficient permissions.
- If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you may need to contact Microsoft Support for further assistance.
It is worth noting that changing system settings in Business Central can be risky and should only be done by experienced users who understand the implications of their actions. It is always a good idea to make a backup of your system before making any changes to system settings or configurations.
Just encountered a similar issue on BC220.
Changing the Log on as property under the Services section worked for me.
Changed it from the Network Service to admin account username and password.