No connection to server

Hi,
we bought some years before Nav 5 worked up to now. As our IT Prof dies, we have a problem cannot solve by all means, it might be easy for a prof.:
Installed Nav 5 on a Win 2003 server( i know quite old but work up to now) The workstation ist connect to the server over Lan ( first win7 now win 10) The Server is named Server and has a fixed ip 168.200.1.xx . In the wks we use hosts as finserver 168.200.1.xx and in services finserver 2409/tcp
Up to now it worked no problem. But suddenly i canot connect to server. When in the database field i fill 168.200.1.xx and database F:\ dartabase .fdb, as before i get message cannot find dir or file.
But m from wks i can see easily the file in the server and open it. What happens suddenly .
with ping i get the server but not the server with dir and file
thanks for help
w. dressler

Hi Aquata,

Looks like you posted a NAV question in the GP forum. You might want to move it over.

This may pertain to your issue - we have had instances where we need to update the SQL Native Client Drivers to get ODBC’s to connect. With recent network changes it has been necessary.

Download Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 Native Client - Latest Servicing Release from Official Microsoft Download Center

Thanks!
Cory