No Check Upon Posting of Sales Order

Hi There, Its strange on sales order entry, when I choose item Gen Bus Pstg grp Gen Prd Pstg grp Gst Bus Pstg grp Gst Prd Pstg grp These are the fields filled in automatically. Now when I remove the values from Gst Bus Pstg Grp & Gst Prd Pstg Grp, Navision allows the order to be posted but when remove values from Gen Bus Pst Grp & Gen Prd Pstg Grp, Navision checks and throws an error message Wont it be nice to have the same feature for GST as well. If anyone has anyone work arounds, feel free to talk about it. I am trying to find out a way on sales order, if user accidentally removes values from fields like Gst Bus Pstg Grp & Gst Prd Pstg Grp, Navision should stop posting the order. Best Regards Khan\

Hi Wajahatullah If I presume your Gst is a tax group similar to the UK VAT group, can you check your Gst posting setup, if it is setup to allow a blank Bus Gst rate with an associated blank Prd Gst rate then you are working within the setup of the system. For instance if I do not have a blank VAT Business posting group set it tells me I cannot do it, a bit like if I tried to process a blank business posting group. Check your set-up. Of course this is based on the assumption Gst = VAT. I could just be typing rubbish [:D]

quote:

Originally posted by SBWEAVER
Of course this is based on the assumption Gst = VAT.

You are right: G(eneral)s(ales)t(ax). Some countries do not want to name it V(alue)a(ddet<-- ist that the correct spelling?)t(ax)

So simple when you know what it is! Value Added Tax, we will put it down as a typo!