New table - Does Navision have an AutoNumber like Access??

I am creating a new table and want to use an auto-number for the key field like I do in Access. It will contain a lot of part numbers but there will be duplicates so part number won’t make a good key.

Is this possible in Navision??? Maybe use part number and date or time as the key… Table will be similar to table in the picture.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

6661.untitled.JPG

NAV has autoincrement for integer. Look at field properties. Or you can use Number Series.

Yeah there is a facility of a create a AutoIncrement Number…

Go to Object Designer and create a new table. Add one new field with type Integer. Then select this field check for its properties in which you will find AutoIncrement which is bydefault false .You have to set it to Yes.

That’s it.

Hi valentin…

can u pls explain me steps for how can we do that with Number Series? I am very new to Nav so pls explain it in detail. Thanks in advance…

About number series: have a look at Mark Brummels post Tip #21 - Implementing No. Series.

Hi Luc van Vugt… Blog helps me and i am able to create a Series now… Thanks for it.

If it is possible can you please give me answer of below forum… I want to implement that thing… if it possible pls answer it…

http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/t/33520.aspx

I tried but i wont be able to implement it and i had only less than 1 month of exp in NAV so dont know more ways to implement it so i posted here…

thanks a ton in advance …

Thanks for the replies. Should work out fine…

Greg