New name for MBS products revealed!

I think your speculatins are right on the ball [8] waht Val was saying about the universal client, basically means that with in year or so, Excel, Outlook and Navision will all run from the same cleint and look identical. And generally te differneces of the products will fade. For me the most important thing is that Navision will be first.

Hi All, Microsoft didnt like the word MBS themselves. This is what they say themselves. So it will be like this Project Green Wave 1 MBS Navision will be MS Dynamics NAV MBS Axapta will be MS AX and so on… Project Green Wave 2 MS Dynamics will be the only name and no more extentions to it. Mail me on sajeedmujawar@yahoo.com

quote:

Hi It’s now been revealed: the new name for MBS products will be: Microsoft Dynamics plus an abbreviation of the product type (AX for Axapta, NAV for Navision) So, there will be: Microsoft Dynamics AX Microsoft Dynamics NAV etc… Look here for a good link: http://axaptafreak.blogspot.com
Originally posted by Helmut Wimmer - 2005 Sep 07 : 14:41:52

quote:

[…] Microsoft didnt like the word MBS themselves. This is what they say themselves. […]
Originally posted by sajeedmujawar - 2005 Sep 13 : 14:41:24

That’s absolutly right! In the beginning of “Microsoft Business Solutions” there was a specification which told the partners that it is forbidden (!) to abbreviate “Microsoft Business Solutions” to “MBS”, but everybody does it.

You mean like when they said we could not call Navision “Navi” or “NAV” [8D]

I have to admit that, today, after a couple days, Microsoft Dynamics NAV looks like a much better name than it did before.

For some reason, when I think about “Microsoft Dynamics”, I don’t think about business. With a name like “Microsoft Business Solutions”, I think more like it’s for businesses… I bet that the marketing/branding company that created this identity for them must’ve made off with millions!

When you think of a spread sheet, you think 123, or Visicalc, how can they believe that a name like Excel will succeed?