New Layout In Test

Dear Members, I’ve just been setting up a new version of this forum for you to test: http://www.mbsug.org/iforum/home.asp Please notice that this site is “under construction”. Until I’m satisfied with the setup you should not post here. Continue to use the old site, as I will be deleting this site when done. The following areas still need work done:

• Sponsoring
  • Classified Ads
  • Download
    So reports here should not be post until I say when… But please test all you can and report by email directly to me: Webmaster@mbsonline.org

Looks better. Not sure if Snitz supports this, but on many of the other forums that I am on, to go to a new post in a thread, most of these other sites have the little arrow to the left of the thread topic name, making it very easy to quickly go to the newest topic. On this forum, you have to go by the user name to do the same thing.

I like it! Specially the number of stars asigned [:D] I might even get one soon… The calender looks a bit like financials logo but it seems to be a bug in it.

Excellent. Congratulations Erik, this new site looks really great and offers a lot of useful additional features, like your personal main page and better feature to keep track of your posts and the bookmarks. Specially the download section was a part I was missing a lot… Keep up the great work [;)] Saludos Nils

quote:

Originally posted by THaug
Looks better. Not sure if Snitz supports this, but on many of the other forums that I am on, to go to a new post in a thread, most of these other sites have the little arrow to the left of the thread topic name, making it very easy to quickly go to the newest topic. On this forum, you have to go by the user name to do the same thing.

Thank you for your input.

The design could be better (colors and styles) :wink:

quote:

Originally posted by Arthur
The design could be better (colors and styles) :wink:

? Then email me your suggestions [;)]

Hi Erik It looks good. True testing of course is when you transfer over and everyone starts using it - good luck!! Here are a few comments; I like the private messages! The period posters and stars look good. Can we see the active members - it lists the number, but we cannot see who. I am just nosey! )Okay I found this at the bottom of the forum - I was in active topics!) Live chat (it interested me [:D]) brings back the following message:

quote:

Microsoft JET Database Engine error ‘80004005’ ‘c:\webs\talkactive\web28845\mbsug.org\database_chat\chat.mdb’ is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides. /iforum/settings.asp, line 68

The dream chat was lonely [:(] I sent myself a private message, so the stat saying no private messages were sent and received in the last 24 hours is probably wrong! I tried to post a reply and received the following message:

quote:

Active Server Pages error ‘ASP 0126’ Include file not found /iforum/config.asp, line 537 The include file ‘Lang1033.asp’ was not found.

I had replied with a string of formats, and after this message I posted them all individually and successfully - it is against your “test event” posting. I also subscribed to the topic but had no emails or personal messages - an old issue returning to haunt us? [;)] Should I be able to add a bookmark - cannot see where I do this. It will take a little to get used to, but anything new would. I like it and it gets my vote - go fot it.