network help navigator 3.53

Just wanted to ask if anyone could give me a little fast instruction on how to run navision as TCP/IP instead of NetB. Because my new W2k clintes cannot conect to my server via netB, or i just dont know how to do it. I have Navision 3.53 I am new so it will have to be detailed otherwise it may not succeed Any help is appreciated, Thanks Regards The new Navision KING !!!Ha hans@thonke.com

Hi Hans - In order to have Navision use NetBios, you MUST make sure, that NetBios is the first network protocol installed, It MUST be specified as Default. Try deleting all other protocols I am not sure if 3.53 cn run TCP. But you need to add the server in the hosts file: naviserver1 //Henrik Helgesen -: KISS::Keep it Simple, Stupid :-

Hi I’m sure that v. 3,53 NOT running on TCP/IP. This version is a true 16 bit. You have to upgrade to 3,55a or later to run the TCP protecol. Regards Rue

You will need a small utility from Microsoft going by the name of something like “lanacfg” as I recall, with which you can make netbios the first protocol on your W2K machine. Regards

Do you need more help?