negative quantity in BOM

Hi,

Fir getting multiple outputs i have setup the output quantity in negative in BOM.

But when i come to consumption journal if is select the item and quantity it is saying that item is not in inventory.

Also if i dont select that item in consumption journal it is getting posted but the second output is not getting updated in the inventory.

So plz tell me in detail how to get multiple outputs in manufacturing.

Sounds to me like you have set it up incorrectly or you are not understanding the message. Create the bom with one line, the negative line, then post the consumption journal, I bet you are not told the item is not on inventory then.

Sorry adam iam little bit confused.I will tell u the way i did from starting

First for manufacturing an item A and B , The raw materials are C and D.

Now i have created a BOM which contains C and D as positive and B as negative and assigned it to item A prod.Bom field .

Now i have created firm planeed prod.order and refreshed it.

Now when i come to consumption journal iam getting the above problem which isaid in previous post.

So sorry to ask tell me in detail is there any wrong in this.

U wont do this way, just keep this Simple Bom for A will have B , Bom for B will have C and D. Being B as ur sub-assembly does not mean u will keep negative quantity.

It is just a multilevel BOM. So first u will produce B and consume C and D for that and will then produce A and will consume B only.

Yasho

Remove C and D from your BOM, then load a new works order and post the consumption journal - what does it do? I am presuming it is a released order and not firm planned as you describe.

No kapil it is not in that way u said.

I explain u in simple way :

If i use C and D as raw materials i will get A and B as output in one manufacturing.

Ah yes , then Adam is right u shud follow the way he has said. [:)] I thought may be u didn’t presented it correct, sorry.

Adam plz explain me in detail sorry for not catching ur description

Seriously which part of my statement "Remove C and D from your BOM, then load a new works order and post the consumption journal - what does it do? I am presuming it is a released order and not firm planned as you describe. " did you not understand? I am trying to prove it is not the negative line but your understanding that is the issue.

yeah adam if i remove C and D how it is going to calculate the components in prod.order.

This is my doubt adam