Need Unit of Measure Conversion on Routing Step

We issue 24 wafers to a work order, as we have ovens that only hold 24. That must be our start quantity, as we cannot start 26 or 25. The wafer moves through 80% of its life in WIP as a Wafer. We can lose Wafers along the way, and when we get to 80% done in wip, we may only have 22 of the original 24 wafers we started with. Then the wafers go through the sawlab. Depending on the final assembly part they are making, the wafers now turn into chips; perhaps 64 chips to one wafer. It could be any number for the ratio of chips to wafers. The last 20% of the life of the work order, we are moving and testing CHIPS, not wafers. The go through many tests, including electrical tests, etc. and we may lose some chips along the way. Our legacy system had a unit of measure conversion ratio that could be established at the routing operation number for sawlab, for example, and it worked beautifully. How can we do this in Navision? We do not want to move all chips from the first operation, nor do we want to move all wafers for the life of the order. We have yeild considerations we track, expected vs. unanticipated. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get around this? Thanks for your thoughts. Julia

Hi Julia Here is one thought for you, as it is difficult without fully understanding your process to advise but . . . You will have set up an item number for wafers, with a UOM of each, and on the item card a conversion UOM to chips. In the Production BOM you have 24 wafers being consumed. Set these up to be forward flushed at the SAWLAB operation using routing link codes. Additionally in your BOM have a negative quantitiy of the wafers at a UOM of chips to relfect the chips now in porgress, again linked by a routing link code. Have the positive entry of the wafers at the chip UOM backflush at the completion of the works order. I think this sounds more manual, but would have a similar affect as your legacy system of doing a UOM conversion at an operation.

How do you setup forward flushing at an operation.

Sorry Brain not engaged. Simple really isn’t it.

Hi Navicons, Just got back from a meeting and read them back to back, the first one worried me as I advised off the cuff, the second one pleased me and now I am thinking "Just how would I do that . . . . ". I’ll have to look at it now! [:D]

[:D][:o)][:)] Thank you for the feedback, your solution requires some testing. I will try it out for size, we do make 700 different types of chips, and all start out with the same raw material which is the wafer issued in lots of 24. Julia