Need detailed exception information for web service consumer application

Hello Everyone,

My question is about error messages which AIF sends to web service consumer application. If exception appeared inside AX business logic while web service performs a request then a client will get a message like “Request Failed. See the Exception Log for details.”.

In order to view the exception, every time client have to see exception form in AX(2009).

So, client ask us to provide Web service consumer with detailed information about the error.

The service is consumed using C#.

Is there any solution for this?

Thanks in advance!

AX 2012 has a parameter for that on inbound port: Include exceptions in fault. I think that AX 2009 has something like Propage errors in endpoint configuration. (But take into account that I haven’t seen AX 2009 for years.)

Thanks for reply martin. Propagate errors is not giving detailed information. I think have to customize handleProcessingException() method of the AifRequestProcessor class.

Then you should explain what you mean by “detailed information”. We can’t know what you mean unless you tell us.

Hi Martin, I’m talking about the exception and error that occurs in ax. I am posting a transfer journal in this service. For example “1.00 cannot be picked because only -100.00 is/are available from the inventory.” , if this kind of error occurs, I need to give the fault XML to web service consumer with this information.

This functionality is supported. Unfortunately you didn’t tell us what problem you have with error propagation, so I can’t comment on it.

Hi Martin, when I consume the service in C# console, I get only the exception message “update has been cancelled” when a posting a transfer journal.

When I see the exception message form in AX, I have got the below detailed exception.

I need this exception when I Consume. I also checked the propagate error check box in end point. But one or twice, I got a detailed message. Then I am getting only this message “update has been cancelled”. Everything seems fine, I cant figure what went wrong. Any suggestion will be helpful. Thank You.

Aha, you mean that you want to get all infolog messages in addition to the error message. That’s not supported; you would have to customize AX.