need a developer license

hi all,

i need a developer license for my company,

can any1 tell me what much it cost?

and what is the procedure to get it.?

Welcome to DUG!!!

You have to become an official NAV partner to get a developer license, and for that you can’t be by yourself. There are a few exceptions to this rule, but in general, individual people are not supposed to get a developer license.

There is a developer license on MSDN with limited capabilities. It should be enough to learn, but will not give you full development access

thank you Amol,

Actually my company needs technical person to inhouse development on navision,

that is why i need developer license,

can you suggest me the name of some companies who gives license on rent,(if its possible so.)

No company will give license on rent.

Everybody can buy a full developer license from Microsoft. You don’t need to be a partner or have any certifications.

Your company spend 250,000 INR for the Application Builder license and 825,000 INR for the Solution Developer license.

You migth also be able to get this VIA a SPLA (hosted / rented license) agreement from Microsoft, but I never heard anyone having it.

Continues from prev post:

Often your company will be better of by finding a local partner and instead of renting the license, then you make a long time contract on one of their deveopers, so that he/she comes with a license.

Erik

Thanks for the info on developer license buying.

thanks Amol for info…

Erik: Actually we dont need partners mow…that is the issue…but thanks for the information may be it will helpful for my company

Neha,

Unless you’re a partner your self, then you’ll need a partner. Nobody can buy directly from Microsoft, you must always have a partner assigned, through who you can buy licenses, to whom you pay your maintenance fees etc.

I used to work for a large end-user, at the peek of our project we had almost 50 certified NAV developers and consultant employed. So we actually felt that we knew just as much about NAV as the partners. But we still needed a partner, whenever we had to buy new users and so. And to get more resource. Besides our 50 in-house, we had between 10-15 external developers and consultants also, both freelancers and employed by partners.

So you need a partner, even if you don’t use their resources and services directly.