At my client’s place on various systems Navision is using, but on 2-3 systems if user gives wrong filter then application is closing, where as other users not facing any issue. Every one accessing same server.
eg.: in Document No. filter if we put Date or Name it closes Navision, instead it should not show any data.
So you’re saying no error messages or anything, just when then you enter a “wrong filter” in Document No.
My guess would also have been that it’s because you enter a unknown character or something different.
Have you looked into what’s different when you compare the the users where this happens and where it doesn’t happen? Are they running different Regional Settings in windows, or maybe a different build of their NAV client (you can check build no. under Help → About).
If i am not wrong shruti is telling about one customer with several computers to one navision instance… which tells that all client versions are same… i expect that all of them belong to india so same regional settingsin all machines… no chance of build difference…no special characters… just normal filtering with strange behavior in few machiens that is what i understand
I had a similar strange behavior the other day. Here I found that the solution was due to I was using a different Role Center profile id than the other users. After I changed my role center to use the same profile id as the other users, then my problem was gone.
But I cannot see you have told us if your issue is with the classic client or with the RTC.