Navision Service doesn't start

Hello, I’ve installed Navision Attain on Windows 2000 Server. I’m using a scheduled task that: 1.stops the Attain Service calling a .bat file 2.run ntbackup 3.when ntbackup finish, start the Attain Service calling .bat file My task stops the service and finish ntbackup correctly, but It doesn’t start the Navision Attain Service. I must start the service manually from the Computer Administration. Anyone can help me? Thanks, Albert

Hi Albert, I think you should be able to find more detailed information in the W2K Event Viewer - Application Log.

Stop the service using Computer Management. Now, if you run your 2nd .bat file to start the service, does it really start?

Sometimes what I do is use separate batch files for each process, i.e. one that stops the service, one for the NTBackup Job & One to restart the service, then schedule these separately at distinct times, i.e. BAT File 1: NET STOP “ServiceName” BAT File 2: rsm.exe refresh /LF"TapeDriveNameFromRSM" sleep 30 for /f "Tokens=1-4 Delims=/ " %%i in (‘date /t’) do set dt=%%i-%%j-%%k-%%l for /f “Tokens=1” %%i in (‘time /t’) do set tm=-%%i set tm=%tm::=-% set dtt=%dt%%tm% C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntbackup.exe backup “@C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows NT\NTBackup\data\BackupJobFile.bks” /n “Description %dtt%” /d “Description %dtt%” /v:no /r:no /rs:no /hc:on /m normal /j “%dtt%” /l:s /p “4mm DDS” /SNAP:on /UM exit BAT File 3: NET START “ServiceName”

quote:

Originally posted by aom@progress-sh.com
Hello, I’ve installed Navision Attain on Windows 2000 Server. I’m using a scheduled task that: 1.stops the Attain Service calling a .bat file 2.run ntbackup 3.when ntbackup finish, start the Attain Service calling .bat file My task stops the service and finish ntbackup correctly, but It doesn’t start the Navision Attain Service. I must start the service manually from the Computer Administration. Anyone can help me? Thanks, Albert

A much better solution is to use Hot Copy.

Hello, I’ll try your solutions. Thanks!!