Navision Manufacturing

Dear all, At this moment, I would like to ask, does anyone know wheather the production planning in Navision Standard for Manufacturing granule are powerfull ( means : powerfull to planning a production in the Manufacturing business process ) ? Hope that anyone could help me to give much more explaination about how powerfull the production planning’s granule in Navision Standard for Manufacturing. Thanks and regards, Grace Vin

Dear Grace, I will try to answer your question about the planning powerful of navision. The planning worksheet will handle calculation MPS/MRP level by level or all levels, backward schedulling and create action message to ask you about the calculation result (new, change schedule, reschedule etc). Usually the results consists of production order (planned), purchase order and transfer (if you use SKU). Basically the setup of planning is in the item card on replenishment tab and planning tab, beside that you must set up some fields in manufacturing set up on planning tab, field combine MRP/MPS calculation. The other planning module is order planning, with the option like sales demand, production demand or all demand. But the weaknesses can’t calculate all levels, doesn’t consider planning parameter and SKU. The other planning module I think is sales order planning in which you can create work order either for 1 item or multiple items as project order, and then you can use planning worksheet or order planning to generate MRP. To check the items in inventory you can use available to promise function in sales order and if no inventory, you can use capable to promise (CTP) functionality, by accepting the result of CTP, you can see the work order in planning worksheet generated automatically after using CTP. After that, you can use calculate regenerative plan or calculate net plan to produce MRP. rgds, Johnson