Navision 2009 - inconsistency error

Dear All Navision Expert

I’m doing the Unapply entry on the vendor card/ Balance. When I select on the line and click on the unapply Entries. It show the message warning:

"The Transaction cannot be completed because it will cause inconsistencies in the G/L Entry table.

Check where and how the CONSISTENT function is used in the transaction to find the reason for the error.

Contact your system administrator.

Tables canbe marked as inconsitent during comprehensive tasks, such as posting. This prevent data fro being update incorrectly.

Please help me find out what is the problem. Is it system error?

Thanks all!

check the voucher entry,

If you search for the phrase “inconsistencies in the G/L Entry table” you will find this has been posted on many many occassions and I beleive it is always caused by a modification to the system not taking into account all processing requirements - my advice is to contact your partner.

I wouldn’t say always. A lot of times it is due to VAT / Tax percentages and rounding (at least in my encounters).

This error mostly occurs for rounding of entry. Kindly check the rounding on G/L setup .

Check your rounding parameters.

Also if using multi-currency, check the number of decimal places your currency follows.

Inconsistency errors are thrown mostly when system finds that debit & credit entries are not tallying while running the posting routines. This could be due to several reasons like rounding in VAT setup, application of item charges to items amountwise etc.