NAV2009R2 RTC - Weird automation error (outlook)

Hi,

At a client of mine, i have implemented functions for mailing pdf’s to their customers.

When doing that, a record is created in a log-table, the pdf is created and stored in a BLOB, and in the very end of the process, first i have a COMMIT, and then a call to a function that takes the log-record as parameter is done, to have the actual mail created and shown to the user.
In Classic this all works fine, both in client on the server, and in client on the user PC.
In RTC i get the following error (also both in client on the server and user PC):

Microsoft Dynamics NAV

This message is for C/AL programmers: Unable to create an instance of Automation Server {0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} with CLSID = 0006f03a-0000-0000-c000-000000000046 Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80070005…

OK

Now the funny thing is, that i can press OK to the error, then navigate to the mail-log page, find the record just created, and from there do a call to the EXACT same function, and everything works fine.

Has anyone any suggestions to why i see this behavior?
And of course how i can fix it. [;)]

how did you created the automation?

With CREATE(l_autAutomation, TRUE, TRUE) it should work

Hi Alexander,

Curious… what version of Outlook? Was there an earlier version of Outlook installed?

I am not clear when in those steps you described does the error pop?

Is there a message in the event log?

Does this happen on everyone’s computer? (Were several tried?)

I’ve received that error many times in different situations (all NAV). It was a .dll not registered, an add-on application not installed (or the latest version), an incompatible version of Outlook (or an earlier installed version and the OS was confused)…

Also, here’s a generic post with info from Microsoft:
support.microsoft.com/…/you-may-receive-an-error-code-80080005----server-execution-failed.-error-message-when-you-start-many-com-applications

Michelle Baer
Programmer/Analyst
California Chamber of Commerce