Nav 4

We are converting to Navision 15. We are currently on Navision 4. We will be starting afresh on the new database. My old server where Nav 4 is installed has been hit by a ransom virus. I need to rebuild to enable me to transfer the master files to the new Nav 16.

I need the CD’s or download link to install NAV4.

Can anyone help?

Hi Riad,

Upgrading from NAV 4.0 to NAV 2015 (8.0) is not you just do. If your NAV 4.0 has any customizations done to it, then you first need to analyse these changes, and either remove them or incorporate into the new code in NAV 2015. And if the changes/customizations are in reports or forms, then they need to be transformed using some special tools to the “new” RTC formats (forms become pages, report designs are using RDLC format).

And finally you need to first upgrade data from NAV 4.0 to 2009 R2, then to NAV 2013 R2, before you can use the new upgrade tools to bring it the final way to NAV 2015 (and why don’t you go to NAV 2016 - it was released in October 2015).

So the whole process of upgrading NAV is something you should contact your NAV partner/developer to help you with.

I only have a copy of the Danish NAV 4.0, so please let us know exactly which country version you need. It has to be version 4.0 SP3 (latest build) if it must be able to run on Windows Vista to Windows 10.

Hi Erik,

Many thanks for your reply. We will now upgrade to NAV 2016. We will be starting afresh by just transferring the master files to the new Navision, such as Customers, suppliers, products…etc

We are in touch with a NAV partner.

I need a NAV 4.0 in English (Australia) to install on SBS2003.